Saturday, December 31, 2011

What are you doing New Year's . . .

. . . New Year's Eve?


But before we start on New Year's, I want to wish you all a belated Merry Christmas.  I hope you all had wonderful time visiting with family and friends.  Our's was very nice.  Each year it gets more and more quiet and less bustle y.  Guess that's a result of the boys getting older.  
And maybe of me and Hubby getting older too!



One of my major regrets this past Christmas was I didn't take one photo.  Not a one!  No snaps taken during Hubby's family gathering here for the Christmas Eve Wigilia dinner.  No snaps taken Christmas morning opening gifts.  No snaps taken Christams evening when my family came for desert, cocktails and gifts.



What was wrong with me????  
What a bad mom . . . blogger . . . scrapbooker.  
And here's the kicker ~ I got a new camera for Christmas.  Maybe I was just downright tired.  There was a bit of rush this season to get it all done with Son No. 1's college graduation the weekend before Christmas.  But I am really seriously regretting not taking the time to grab the camera . . . any camera.



I've been in no rush this week to dismantle Christmas.  I like to use the week between Christmas and New Year as a time to relax and enjoy it all without any pressures of baking, shopping, wrapping, etc.  Heck, I'm still listening to Christmas music!


I did pack away my Santas and replaced them with a more wintery-type decor.  Some of my snowpeople can take center stage now for a while.


On to New Years Eve . . .


We'll be spending a very quiet, very low-key New Year's Eve with my brother and his wife at their new home a couple hours away in New Jersey.  They used to live right behind us.  Their daughter, my newly-engaged neice ~ Congrats Rachie!!! ~ still lives there.  She's pretty much taken over the house, so, although they've moved away, I'm quite sure we'll see them a lot!


My hopes for the New Year are pretty much the same as every other new year.  I wouldn't call them resolutions per se, but more like goals.

  • Get my home more organized.
  • Purge more unneeded stuff.
  • Eat better.  Don't necessarily need work on the whole diet and exercise thing since I've done well with my weightloss from the spring, and exercise is always a priority.  But more of just trying to eat generally healthier.
  • Spend more time being creative.
  • Finish many of the unfinished projects looming overhead.
  • Be a better mom, wife, sister, daughter, friend, and just a better person to all the people so important in my life.


I'm wishing a fun, safe and reflective New Year's Eve to all.  
Whatever your plans are for tonight, or goals for the New Year, I wish you well.  



See you all in 2012!




Thanks for visiting!
Leave a comment so I can get to know you.

2 comments:

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

I like all the shiny decorations.

http://www.thegirlieblog.com

Kerin said...

I am so lucky to have you as my blog friend! I think you're awesome and you inspire me :)

I never took any Christmas pictures... but I loved every minute of it !!

Hope this is a great year for you and that all your wishes come true, and you meet all your goals.

Related Posts with Thumbnails