Tuesday, November 16, 2010

CHRISTMAS ORNAMENT SWAP

Wanted to share a few ornaments I sent out to my partner in Marsha's (Sassy Mini Dolls) ornament exchange.  


I had sooo much fun making these ornaments for my swap partner, Nerina.  Creating these ornaments really helped get the Christmas prep juices flowing.  

wooden ornament decoupaged with vintage santa image.



wooden ornament packaged inside CD mailer.
Nerina and I corresponded a bit to get to know one another, and to find out each other's likes and styles. In one of the emails, she mentioned she was finding herself really drawn this year to vintage-looking, sparkly, old-fashioned ornaments and Christmas decor.  

simple star ornament jazzed up with paper pinwheel, vintage image, bling and glitter


a sweet phrase printed on cardstock edged in glitter

this little guy was inspired by one i saw on web somewhere last year.
can't remember where.  isn't he adorable?







In turn, Nerina sent a huge box of wonderful goodies to me.  Several styles of ornaments, items for creating ornaments and crafty projects, all kinds of cool things.  I plan on sharing pics of my goodies from her tomorrow.  Didn't want to drown you all in tons of snaps tonight!


this was actually a store-bought ornament.  i cheated just a bit ;o)


another cheat store bought ornament. the front.

the back.

On December 1st, Marsha will set up a linky party so we can all go and visit each other, and see what lovely ornaments others in the swap exchanged.  She's also creating a virtual tree that will be adorned with all our ornaments.  Can't wait to see that!

Check back tomorrow so I can share all the great goodies Nerina sent to me!



Thanks for visiting! 
Leave a comment so I can get to know you.

5 comments:

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

OMG, my mouth dropped open, what absolutely beautiful ornaments you sent Nerina!!! You are so TALENTED, Carla!!!!

I can't wait until December 1st so we can go visit everyone!!!

xxoo

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Wow, what beautiful ornaments, Carla!

Kerin said...

Simply charming.... every ornament!!
You always participate in some fun swaps, and I love to see all the swap goodies!!
Thanks for sending well wishes to me. I appreciate your kindness!!
Hope you have a great day :)

Sherry said...

Each ornament is just beautiful. I am sure that Nerina was very happy with the wonderful package. This was a fun exchange.

Debbie said...

I'm really enjoying looking at all the peoples blogs, that were involved in the exchange and seeing what Ornaments they sent and received.

Related Posts with Thumbnails