Sunday, June 13, 2010

SUNDAY MORNING



I just love early mornings on the weekend when I'm the first one up and about. After making coffee, I decided to take it outside with a few mags and a couple new books and enjoy the most peaceful time of day.



Since the temp was already getting pretty hot, and the deck takes all the morning sun, I decided to sit down at the dining set in the yard by the pond. We don't go down there too often - not sure why - but in the middle of the summer, it's always much cooler than on the deck. I really should sit down here more often. Sitting down there really allows me to appreciate the yard and gardens so much more.

It's amazing how different the gardens look down there. Everything is at eye level and just seems closer. I'm going to make more of an effort to sit down there this summer.
Below are some scenes from my seat by the pond.


View of the deck from my seat by the pond.



Looking out at the veg garden.




Beyond the vegetable garden is the perennial garden.


Good morning, Senior Frog!


Although it was so pleasant sitting down there this morning, things didn't start out too nice and peaceful. When I was going out the door with my coffee in one hand and my other arm loaded with magazines and books, the door hit me in the back of my ankle - YIKES, that hurt - as a result, I spilled coffee all over the front of my shirt.

Once I got down to the table and chairs, I had a bit of trouble getting the umbrella up. Sometimes the umbrella sticks so you have to coax it alone by pulling on one of the arms. Well, obviously I coaxed a little too hard, cause I broke the darn thing.



Guess I'll be out shopping for a new umbrella this week.
And, it's gotta be red!



Thanks for visiting!
Leave a comment so I can get to know you.

4 comments:

Kerin said...

What a great place to relax and enjoy the morning! Looks like all the gardens are thriving :)

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Well, I probably would have turned around and gone back to bed! : ) Just kidding! Beautiful gardens, Carla ~ love your pond area and perennial beds.

Hopemore Studio said...

Too funny, I was all calm and serene at the beginning of your post but then laughing away by the end. It was like a bad bit of karma messing with your day.

I hope you find the most perfect red replacement umbrella.

Angie

Sweet Tea said...

When you live with such beautiful surroundings every day is vacation. Loved your photos!

Related Posts with Thumbnails