Monday, December 14, 2009

Yummy (and budget friendly!) Teachers' Christmas Gifts


I've always tried to give gifts to my boys' teachers that were not so "teachery" or school related. These gifts were actually last year's gifts. My youngest was in his last year of elementary school last year, and he's too cool for giving teachers' gifts in middle school this year!


I purchased mini ceramic loaf pans at Michael's for a $1.00 a piece. I baked Tastefully Simple's delectable Almond Pound Cake in each, wrapped them up in cellophane and attached a handmade ornament.

A yummy-tasting treat, a useable container (not just for baking bread - candy, dip, teabags, sugar packets) and an ornament for the tree. And all for well under $3.00.


I've linked up this post at Jen's blog Tatertots and Jell0. She's having a Holly Bloggy Christmas Bash now through the 18th featuring handmade gifts from all over Blogland. Be sure to go by her place and take a look at all the cool handmade gifts other blog ladies are sharing. Lot's of great ideas for the taking!


4 comments:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

What a cute idea! I love that you bakes the treat inside the pan and gave them both. That is darling!

Thanks for linking up!

XOX
Jen

Anne Lorys said...

As the wife of a high school physics teacher, I can proclaim that they most definitely appreciate gifts like this! The wives do, too! ;-)
Hugs,
Anne

Darlene said...

Fabulous gifts!!

Carla said...

Nice gifts! Saw your name on the bingo blog. I'm also an aries. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails