Sunday, November 8, 2009

Some Christmas Inspiration


Have you all really noticed the Christmas countdown widget over there to the right? 47 days till Christmas, people!!! That's, like, really soon! I know we haven't even gotten through Thanksgiving yet, but it's really sneaking up. For me, that's like only 4 major paydays and only 6 full weekends. It's coming . . . FAST! I'm running out of time!!!

I wanted to share with you just a few - em, yeah - ways I get some inspiration this time of year. I love, love, love books. Gardening books, cook books, quilting books, books on scrapbook ideas and techniques, decorating and crafting, books dedicated to specific holidays like Halloween, Easter. And my ever-growing collection of Christmas idea books.

Firstly, I'm on automatic delivery of Christmas with Southern Living. These books arrive late summer unannounced. What a nice surprise when it's 85 degrees outside and summer's in full swing!



Their book's covers feature either the most gorgeous, decadent cake, or most succulent looking turkey. They are just packed with great recipes, decorating and gift ideas in these.

Then there's my collection of Martha Stewart's Christmas books.



This series had four volumes that were auto shipped. Each year's volume featured a different topic like Crafts and Keepsakes for the Holidays and Decorating for the Holidays. As expected with a Martha product, these books are beautifully photographed with fanciful and unique projects and ideas.

The two books above were not part of the series. The book below is a very "vintage" Martha book. Published in 1989 . . . it's almost a collector's item!

And still more . . . Better Homes and Gardens . . .

Mmmm . . . a few more . . .

These are some oldies. Leisure Arts Publications.

This little pile below shows some of my very favorites right now. Country Living's Merry and Bright has the most yummy eye candy. It's a must have!

And, as you can all probably guess, there's no shortage of back issues of Christmas Magazines - refer to my earlier post regarding my magazine addiction and hoarding disease - special Holiday editions, December issues, baking issues, craft issues, ornament issues . . .


was sad to see this magazine cease publication - Country Living Gardner - RIP


Look at this gem below. Martha Stewart Living, Preview Issue Winter 1990. Now, THAT one has be worth something to a collector! Not that I'd ever part with it.


1 comment:

Darlene said...

You definitely have a wonderful collection of decorating books and magazines. I picked up 3 beautiful older decorating books this past week from the little antique store I frequent. You have one of them pictured (Christmas with Country Living)!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails